Why Your Car Needs A Tune-Up
It is often difficult in our busy lives to take the time for preventative car maintenance, but waiting until something breaks to take your car to Clarke’s Discount, Inc.means being without your means of transportation until the repair is done and possibly finding that the breakdown could have been avoided in the first place. Here are the main reasons your car needs an annual tune-up:
- You car needs clean air
- Your vehicle isn’t just fueled by the stuff you pump into the gas tank, it needs air to burn the gasoline. A mixture of air and fuel creates the environment for combustion that gives your car its power.
- You car has a lot of fluids. There is transmission fluid, brake fluid, power steering fluid, coolant and oil. Like the air filter, these fluids become dirty over time and changing them regularly not only helps your car run more smoothly, but it adds to the lifespan of your vehicle.
- Not everything in your car is powered by fossil fuels. You need electricity, too, and that’s why it is important to have your battery checked regularly.
- Belts Could Break
- If you are like most drivers, you probably do not think about the belts on your engine. They are essential for proper operation. For example, if a timing belt snaps, your engine could be ruined in seconds.
- There a few things that could put yourself, your passengers, and others on the road in danger such as malfunctioning brakes. Our mechanics will examine your brakes during a tune-up, checking the pads, rotors, brake lines and fluid.
Let us fully take care of all the details of your auto maintenance and you can enjoy the peace of mind that your vehicle will stay reliable.